The Green Connection provided support to the Water Verification Process for the Jan Dissels river, in the Olifants/Doorn Water Management Area for the Department of Water Affairs and Forestry (DWAF).
1. Consultative process with interested and affected water users, including potential water users.
2. Validation and verification of existing lawful water use
3. Investigation into water-use activities in the Olifants River.
4. Support to emerging farmers and ad hoc support to DWAF.
This book helps the development of partnerships by providing an insight into:
1. The types of partnership that can be created
2. How to set up a partnership (champion and role-players, business plan)
3. How partnerships need to be structured (institutional and legal arrangements)
4. Functions that such partnerships could provide (aims and achievable)
5. The financial arrangements that need to be set up (accounting and auditing)
6. The potential opportunities that partnerships offer (mutual benefits)
7. The alignment with philosophy and policy (extension of duty/obligation)
8. The formulation of a binding agreement (mutual accountability)
9. The avoidance of pitfalls (theoretical and case history’s)